Upload Vaccine Records Or Sign Up For Weekly Testing

Jeanette Falotico, Staff Writer

Brookdale Community College recently announced that the health portal is now open and available for students and employees to upload documents.
“Most responses, (more than 90 percent,) from employees and students have been very positive. Just over 140 individuals submitted questions to the FAQ form, and the vast majority of the questions asked about how to upload vaccination cards, how the testing will work if the testing will be free, and where testing will be available. Of those 140 questions and comments submitted, 12 expressed frustrations over the decision to implement the weekly testing or vaccination policy,” said Dr. David Stout, president of Brookdale Community College.
A recent email from Stout included portal access information and deadlines. Individuals may access the health portal using any browser on a computer or mobile device at brookdalecc.medicatconnect.com. You’ll be prompted to log in using your Brookdale email address and password. If you experience problems, email [email protected].
According to the email communications, it takes approximately five days before your vaccination status is verified, so they are asking students to upload vaccination cards as soon as possible to avoid heavy volume before the spring semester.
Students asked if “masks will still be required on campus even if you’re fully vaccinated.” The mask mandate will remain in effect in the spring 2022 semester. Masks are our first line of defense against the spread of COVID-19. You may refer to Brookdale’s official mask mandate for complete masking requirements.
Other questions include whether the “COVID-19 weekly testing or vaccination requirement applies to students who are taking all of their classes online.” Students who are taking all of their classes online or via remote and live formats are not required to upload their vaccination card or agree to weekly testing. However, if the student is taking a mixture of remote and in-person classes, or if the student needs to access a Brookdale building for any other reason, the student will need to submit their vaccination card or proof of a negative PCR test to the health portal.
Also, “What if I have recovered from COVID-19 and have natural immunity, but have not been vaccinated? Will I still be required to have weekly testing to work or learn on campus?” At this time, the presence of antibodies as a result of recent COVID-19 infection is not one of the alternatives covered by the College’s Vaccine or Weekly Testing policy.
Students and employees who opt for weekly testing at the Lincroft campus will report to CLC building next to parking lot four during the testing site’s operating hours. A testing site staff member will verify the student’s identity by a unique QR code that will be assigned during the initial registration process and administer a minimally invasive nasal swab. The student may then proceed to their classes. The test kit will be shipped to a lab and test results will be reported directly to the individual who was tested, as well as to the Brookdale officials who are designated to receive the test results.
Free COVID-19 vaccines are available from 2 to 6 p.m. Tuesdays, in the former Children’s Learning Center Building near parking lot four, on the Lincroft campus. No appointment is necessary. Vaccines are also available at local pharmacies, such as CVS and Walgreens.