The Creative Writing Club Meets Weekly During Fall And Spring Semesters

Matthew Kenney, Staff Writer

The Creative Writing club, advised by Professor Michael Broek and Professor Suzanne Parker, and administered by Student Life and Activities, is a club dedicated to providing an organization for students interested in writing, reading and other humanities. Here students explore the art of writing in all of its forms from fiction to nonfiction, poetry to great epics, or any real form of writing where expressiveness and innovation can be shown.
Open to anyone, the club is dedicated to sponsoring community and student readings, encouraging activities and inviting readers and speakers to the campus, along with exploring career opportunities for English majors in the field.
Another dedication is to trips, such as poetry readings, plays, literary festivals and other club-sponsored activities, including meetups where members can participate or potentially reach out to others outside who also have an interest in the written art.
When asked about acquiring new members, Parker said, “We publicize creative writing club during the open house for incoming students and also during the club fair, as well as advertising with flyers around campus.”
For more information regarding the club, as well as a way to contact Broek at [email protected] or Parker at [email protected].