Haunted Theater Seeks Donations

Staff report

Brookdale Haunted Theater wants to know if you are “brave enough to take on the demented imaginations of our students’ minds?”
That’s right long before the first class got underway for the fall semester, the creators behind Brookdale’s award-winning haunted attraction had already begun preparing for the mid-semester campus haunting.
The Haunted Theater webpage promises that this year’s scary walk-through maze will be “designed, built and run by past and present students” and feature a “tormented trip through body parts, evil creatures and more.”
But before they make good on their vow to “redefine ‘stage fright’…FOREVER!!!” they need your help. They are looking for donations of a variety of items that do not have to be in good working order and will not be returned.
Here’s what they are looking for: palettes, bird cages, shiny objects, such as aluminum trays, utensils, cheap costume jewelry, etc, unfitted white sheets, carnival/circus themed decorations, clean empty glass beer bottles, bottle caps, knobs and buttons (not from clothing) and Mardi Gras beads.
Additionally, Haunted Theater accepts donations to help feed the cast and crew of such items as granola bars, fruit snacks, chips, cough drops, water, bread, American cheese slices, peanut butter and jelly.
To arrange for drop off or get more information, contact Sherri Vanderspiegel at [email protected].
Brookdale’s Haunted Theater has been voted Best Overall Attraction for three consecutive years on NJHauntedHouse.com.
Haunted Theater will take place Friday through Sunday nights Oct. 14 through Oct. 30 in the Performing Arts Center on the Lincroft campus. For more information or to sign up for the mailing list, visit brookdalehauntedtheater.com.