Delicious Orchards Will Donate Baked Goods To Free Friendsgiving Event

Isabel Shaw, Staff Writer

The Innovation Network (TIN) has announced its first official sponsor for the upcoming “Friendsgiving Event.” Delicious Orchards on Route 34 in Colts Neck will donate an assortment of baked goods to the Nov. 17 gathering.
The event has also expanded to include other Brookdale clubs that are eager to embrace TIN’s “Better Together” theme for the fall semester. Initially, TIN, the International Student Association (ISA) and Women in Learning and Leadership (WILL) decided to explore the idea of creating a student-led event around the time of the Thanksgiving holiday.
It wasn’t long before Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society (PTK) and Adventure Bound were on-board and joined the planning committee, “Friends of Friendsgiving.” The first obstacle was finding the best date/time for meetings due to everyone’s busy schedules. All club members are welcome to attend planning events with the next meeting date scheduled for Oct. 4.
Other clubs at the Involvement Fair were eager to be a part of Friendsgiving, including the Black Student Union and the Food Science Club. This promises to be one of the largest multi-club, student-led event at Brookdale.
TIN’s Better Together initiative was born because students were struggling after the isolation of Covid lockdowns and other restrictions. “Students need to feel a connection to their Brookdale community,” said Janette Falotico, TIN’s president.
“Friendsgiving will be, first and foremost, a fun event,” Falotico said. “We will have terrific food and desserts, games, lots of giveaways and an amazing guest speaker, Dr. Marlena Frank.”
The Friends of Friendsgiving group is also encouraging each club to do a brief introduction at the event, or maybe a skit, to help new students discover what Brookdale’s clubs have to offer.
Friendsgiving will be on the Upper Patio of the Student Life Center on Thursday, Nov. 17 – 11:30 a.m. to 1 pm.
For more info: Instagram: @tin_bcc
Email: [email protected]
[email protected]