The Student News Site of Brookdale Community College

The Current

The Current

The Current

‘Ready Or Not’ Provokes Fright And Laughter

Ready Or Not Provokes Fright And Laughter

Fans of horror and comedy movies are in for a treat. The movie “Ready or Not” is the perfect movie. From beginning to end, the storyline will have the audience on the edge of their seats. The movie stars Samara Weaving, who is also known for her performances in the movies “The Babysitter” and “Scream Ⅵ.”

She plays Grace, a woman who has just married to her husband, Alex Le Domas. On her wedding night, she is made to play a game with the Le Domas family. The game given to her is hide-and-seek. Because this is the game that was given to Grace, her new husband’s family hunts her down with the intent to kill.

The movie starts off with a flashback of the last time a new spouse joined the family and had drawn “the one bad card.” Things really get going when Grace draws the hide-and-seek card.

But the Le Domas’ don’t know who they’re messing with. Grace has to fight to survive the family, but they also have to fight to survive her. Her husband tries to save her from his parents, alcoholic brother and his wife, cocaine-addict sister, her husband and children, Aunt Helene, maids and the butler.

While the movie is scary in a gory and jump-scare kind of way, it is also hilarious. The husband’s rich family keeps failing whenever they try to attack her. The husband’s sister is high on cocaine the whole time and is constantly messing up the hunt. Aunt Helene is in a ceaseless bad mood and wants the family to stick to tradition. The butler takes his job very seriously. The amount of maids starts at three and ends with none, as they are picked off throughout the movie. And the movie’s satisfying ending has audiences laughing until its final moments.

“It’s one of my favorite movies. It takes a lot to scare me, so I would call it a thriller and comedy, rather than a horror movie,” said horror and comedy fan, Cassie Wood. She recalled that it was the first movie she had gone to see in theaters after obtaining her driver’s license, so it holds a special memory for her.

However, Cosimina Adragna, someone who is not a fan of scary films, says “It was really bloody. I had to close my eyes sometimes, ya know? I had a hard time watching at the end. I liked the funny moments, though. Grace was a kick-ass character.”

“Ready or Not” is a scary film that definitely has its funny moments. This is a film for horror and comedy fans and it will not leave them disappointed.