Update 3/15 from Dr Stout Brookdale President

Dr. David Stout, President Brookdale Community College

Students,

The COVID-19 situation in our State and County is changing daily. During Spring Break (March 15 through March 22), all Brookdale buildings on all of our campuses will continue to be closed to everyone other than authorized employees. If you were required to take an exam in our Testing Center or to complete work in one of our labs, please contact your faculty member to make alternative arrangements. I have communicated with all College employees about this continued closure so they’re aware that alternative arrangements for testing and completion of lab work must be made.

All classes will be conducted online during the week after Spring Break, beginning March 23. We are hoping to return to the classrooms as quickly as possible, but we are following the guidance of the NJ Department of Health and the Office of the Secretary of Higher Education which may recommend continuing in an online mode for while. At this time, I can’t predict when that will be, but I will update you as I receive official information. For those of you who are completely unfamiliar with Canvas, you can access online classes by going to the College’s homepage (www.brookdalecc.edu), clicking on MyBrookdale in the upper right corner of the page, clicking Canvas (the red icon that almost directly in the center) and entering your credentials. One of the resources that you will find is an online course for all students that contains tutorials and access to online academic support.

Please check the following website frequently for additional information: https://www.brookdalecc.edu/coronavirus

As always, your health and well-being are of the utmost importance to us. Working together, we will get through these current challenges. Enjoy your Spring Break and stay safe.

~ D

David Stout, Ph.D.

President

Brookdale Community College

(732) 224-2204

Stout also sent this letter out for Brookdale students who still had questions.
Students,

Please see the link below for frequently asked questions regarding classes being conducted online, use of facilities, and other important information:

https://www.brookdalecc.edu/advancement/college-relations/brookdales-response-to-covid-19/information-for-students/

I want to assure you that we will be here to help you. Updates will continue frequently.

David Stout, Ph.D.
President
Brookdale Community College