The Student News Site of Brookdale Community College

The Current

The Current

The Current

Students Share Streaming Advice

Students Share Streaming Advice

“I love binge watching my favorite shows after class because it gives my mind a break from the work,” 18-year-old English major Ella Rose of Middletown shared about her streaming habits.
“My favorite show at the moment is ‘Gilmore Girls.’ I love watching it when I do school work because it motivates me to be like Rory and study harder.”
“Gilmore Girls” is available to stream with a Netflix subscription. It follows a young mother and her studious daughter through their adventurous endeavors. Rose is among many Brookdale students who use streaming services, such as Netflix, Peacock and Apple TV, to help them relax before and after classes.
College students may find themselves bored after class, or exhausted from a long day of studying. If that’s you, consider relaxing with a lighthearted show or a mystery thriller to keep your brain working.
“I have been watching a lot of ‘The Walking Dead’ recently,” said Zach Smith, a 20-year-old business major from Marlboro. “I really like the action and fighting scenes.”
Also on Netflix, ‘The Walking Dead’ follows a zombie apocalypse and the remaining humans fighting to survive.
“I love ‘The Vampire Diaries,’ and I’ve been watching the show for years now,” said 19-year-old culinary arts major Abby Smith of Leonardo. “I think the reason why I rewatched it so much is because of the cast. Their chemistry is great and everyone is so lovable.”
“The Vampire Diaries” can be streamed through Peacock with a paid subscription. The series focuses on vampire brothers who are both in love with the same girl.
“Sometimes I like to watch ‘The Originals.’ It has a lot of drama that keeps me engaged,” said 19-year-old science major Joseph Thompson of Middletown.
“The Originals” is another series following vampires as they yearn to avenge themselves. Streaming is available on Apple TV and Amazon Prime Video.
Mark Williams, a 20-year-old business major from Holmdel, is an action fan. “I mostly watch ‘Supernatural.’ I usually watch it when I get home after school and practice. It’s something to chill with.”
“Supernatural,” which can be streamed on Netflix, revolves around two brothers and their desire to avenge their mother in a world filled with supernatural creatures.
“I honestly started watching ‘Young Sheldon’ through TikTok, but now I watch each new episode that airs. I’m pretty sad that we’re in the final season,” said 21-year-old art major Katie Tanga.
“Young Sheldon” is a spin-off to “The Big Bang Theory.” It follows Sheldon’s life as he grows up surrounded by his Texas family. New episodes air on CBS.
Whether you took a long exam, practiced hours on the field, or simply attended class, there are many shows to settle down with.